District Timeline - from Wikipedia
1931 The District name Grant was chosen in honor of the Ben Ali Haggin land grant, when the famous racing stables were located in the area.
1932 Grant Union High School opens.
1939 The Grant Wurlitzer organ was heard on-air for the first time, played by Grant alumnus George Wright, who would become the most famous theatre organist of the modern era.
1958 Highlands High School opens.
1962 Rio Linda High School opens.
1966 Foothill High School opens.
2004 The new Foothill High School stadium opens.
2006 The Rio Linda High School Aquatic Complex opens.
2007 Highlands High School renamed Highlands Academy of Arts & Design.